Ukraine was the most developed maritime region of the USSR. On the territory of the Ukrainian SSR there were more than thirty sea and river ports and more than fifty maritime educational institutions. There were 6 large shipping companies in Ukraine, such as:
- The Black Sea Shipping Company (headquartered in Odessa), which owned a large fleet of dry cargo ships, container ships, tankers and passenger ships;
- The Azov Shipping Company (head office in Mariupol), which operated the fleet of general cargo ships, Bulkers, Ro-Ro;
- The Antarctica Company (headquarters in Odessa) and The Atlantic Company (with headquarters in Izmail), which operated a fleet of refrigerated vessels and fishing vessels;
- The Ukrainian Danube Shipping Company (headquartered in Izmail), which owns a fleet of Coasters, refrigerated vessels;
- The Ukrrichflot River Company (head office in Kiev) had mixed river-sea-going ships, bulk carriers, passenger ships.
The total volume of the Ukrainian fleet exceeded 50% of the entire fleet of the USSR.
As a result, after the collapse of the USSR, the size of the fleet decreased sharply, and many Ukrainian seamen and graduates were unemployed.
This prompted us to establish a private crewing company "TENET" in 1993. This was new business for us and our government. At first, our clients were several Greek companies. We are very grateful to them and always remember this.
By 1997, our company has grew and developed, and we decided to re-register the company as TENET Co LLC. The list of our clients has significantly increased and replenished with companies from Spain, Germany and Iran. This led to the creation of branches on the territory of Ukraine. Two offices were opened in Mariupol in 1998 and in Kherson in 2000.
After 2000, companies from Belgium, Singapore, USA, Greece and Latvia were added to the list of our clients. This increased the number of crew requests, and in 2006 we decided to create a branch in Odessa, and since May 2009 this office has become the head office of our company.
Unfortunately, due to the global economic crisis in 2009, the number of our clients decreased, and we had to close our branch in Kherson.
But we didn't stop! We have developed proposals for the repair and maintenance of transport companies. Our company expanded and we decided to revise the company name. Since July 2010, the full name of our company has become TENET MARINE COMPANY Ltd.